Heart Disease in Women
Nowadays, everyone is living a very stressful life due to which they come under the risk of many diseases. There are some diseases whose threat is generally faced by women. Heart attack is one of them. According to a survey report. Several women face the threat of heart disease. But awareness of symptoms and risks causing heart attack can reduce the chance of heart disease among women.
There is a general thought among people that heart disease is the common problem for men, but it is the most common cause of death for women. Thus every woman must be aware of the symptoms of heart disease.
Heart disease symptoms for women
One of the commonly occurred symptom of the heart attack in women is some kind of pain, pressure or discomfort in the chest. But it has been seen that several women had heart attack without any chest pain. Symptoms other than chest pain are:
- Shortness of breath
- Excess sweating
- Unusual fatigue in body
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in arms
Apart from knowing these symptoms, you must also be aware of heart disease risk factors in women. Some of them are as follows:
- Diabetes: women who are having diabetes are at a greater risk of heart disease than the men with diabetes.
- Mental stress and depression: if women are taking any kind of over stress and remain depressed for a longer time, they get affected and this increases the risk of heart disease among them. Depression makes the life complicated and then it really becomes difficult for a woman to stay heathy and maintain a healthy life as well. So always get treated if you are suffering from depression in order to reduce the risk of any heart disease.
- Smoking: excess smoking is also a cause of increasing heart disease among women. Smoking increases the risk of heart disease.
- Menopause: after menopause, level of estrogen lowers down which in turn increases the risk of cardiovascular disease in women.
- Complications during pregnancy: a woman should take proper care of herself during the pregnancy period as chance of heart disease is high due to high pressure. This can risk the life of mother as well child.
Women who suffers from inflammatory diseases like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis are also at a higher risk of getting heart related disease. Hence if you feel any of the above mentioned symptom, consult your doctor as soon as possible so that the problem can be cured as early as possible.