MBBS, MS, MCH (Cardio-Thoracic And Cardiovascular Surgery)
Senior Director – CTVS – Max Super Speciality Hospital
Max Super Specialty Hospital
Saket Institutional Area, Saket
New Delhi, Delhi 110017
For Appointment: +91-9811321668
36 years in Cardiac Surgery provided him an opportunity to amass rich and varied experience of more than nine thousand cases across a wide spectrum of varieties and complexities. As Head of the Department of Cardiac Surgery at Batra hospital he had to perform both as an administrative leader and clinical mentor; sharing knowledge, and honing the skills of future cardiac surgeons. Several cardiac surgeons trained under his aegis and are presently heading units at various premier centers. Heading a dept. of nearly 75 medics and paramedics developed a different management perspective.
Industrious approach at providing cost-effective cardiac surgery without comprising quality to masses, a mission; sublimed into establishing and providing logistic support in running mid-size cardiac centers viz Regency hospital. Kanpur; Magadh Hospital and Chandralaya Heart Hospital Patna, Batra Hospital Jammu, SRMS – Bareilly to name a few.
Degree & Fellowship
- M.B.B.S, 1977, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- M.S, 1983, Patna University, Patna
- M.Ch, 1986, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- MBA – Healthcare Services, 2012, Sikkim Manipal University
- Managing Healthcare Delivery, 2012, Harvard Business School, Boston
Present & Past Positions
- Currently Senior Director at Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, From April 2018.
- July 2016 to March 2018, Director, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi.
- April 2014 to June 2016, Director – Cardiac Science, Paras Hospital (Gurgaon & Bihar).
- May 2009 to March 2014, Director –CTVS, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi.
- October 1996 to April 2009, Chief Cardiac Surgeon and HOD, Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre, New Delhi.
- July 1995 to Oct’96, Chief Cardiac Surgeon, Regency Hospital Ltd, Kanpur.
- May 1989 to June 1995, Senior Consultant, Cardiac Surgery, Batra Hospital, New Delhi.
- Aug – September 1992, Visiting Fellowship, Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, Australia.
- October 1992, Visiting Fellowship, Greenlane Hospital Auckland, New Zealand.
- July 1986 to April 1989, Cardiac Surgeon, Railway Hospital, Madras.
- July 1984 to June 1986, Registrar, Dept. of CTVS PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- July 1983 to June 1984, Medical Officer cum Laparoscopic Surgeon. (Family Welfare ) General Hospital, Aurangabad (Bihar).
- July 1980 to June 1983, Resident, Dept. of Surgery Patna Medical College, Patna.
- Life Member, Indian Association of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons of India – since 1985
- Life Member, Cardiological Society of India – since 1991
- Founder Member, Indian College of Cardiology – since & Fellow 1995
Publications & Presentations
- A Study Of Pulmonary Hydatid Disease – Six Years Experience At PGIMER, Chandigarh – Presented At Annual Conference ASI 1985 At Bangalore
- Cardiac Surgery In Infancy And Childhood Annual Railway Congress Calcutta 1987
- Surgery For TAPVC – IACTVSI, Madras 1988
- Congenital Heart Disease With Severe Pulmonary Hypertension, Chandigarh IACTVSI 1989
- Surgery For Transposition Of Great Arteries. Indian Heart Journal 40(5): 408, 1988
- Cyanotic Heart Disease- Surgeon’s Predicament, Indian Heart Journal 40 (5) :408, 1988
- Our Last 100 Tetrologies & Allied Lesions. Indian Heart Journal 40(5) : 416: 1988
- Surgical Experience With Large VSD’s And (Allied Lesions) Complicated By Right To Left Shunt Due To Severe Pulmonary Vascular Resistance. Indian Heart Journal Vol43(4), 155, 1991
- Percutaneous Trans Luminal Coronary Angioplasty In Near-Total Narrowings . Indian Heart Journal Vol 43 (4) 1974, 1991.
- Effects Of Glucose Insulin Potassium Infusions In Patients Of Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery With Poor Left Ventricular Function; IACVTSI. Calcutta – 1992.
- Is Renal Dysfunction An Incremental Risk Factor For Open Heart Surgery – IACVTSI Calcutta 1992
- Incremental Risk Factors In Cyanotic Heart Disease – IACVTSI Calcutta 1992
- Simplified Myocardial Protection In Poor LV Function During CABG – IACVTSI, Calcutta 1992.
- After Load Manipulations After Coronary Artery Bypass Graft IACVTSI Calcutta 1992
- The Surgical Approach To LV Aneurysm With Special Reference To Endoaneurysmorraphy, New Delhi 1992
- Emergency Coronary Artery Surgical Revascularization – IACVTSI Feb 23-26. Agra, 1994
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery In The Elderly (Above 70 Years Of Age) IACVTSI – Feb 23, Agra 1994.
- Fontanne Procedure In Non Classical Indications – IACVTSI Feb 23-26, Agra 1994.
- Is there really limitation of the use of Bilateral Mammary Artery – IACTS Feb 15-18, Calcutta 2001.
- Beating Heart CABG Redo cases – IACTS Feb 15-18, Calcutta 2001.
- Total Arterial Beating Heart CABG in elderly – IACTS Feb 15-18, Calcutta 2001.
- Multi-vessel total arterial revascularization through Thora CAB – Our experience in 23 cases
- “Y” Graft Bypass for Bilateral Coronary Ostial Aortoarteritis –
- Asian Cardiovascular Thoracic Annals 2002; 10:162-164
- Total Arterial Revascularization on Beating Heart : Experience in 803 cases – Asian Cardiovascular & Thoracic Annals 2003;11 : 107 – 12
- Multivessel Total Arterial Revascularization via Left Thoracotomy – Asian Cardiovascular Thoracic Annals 2004; 12: 123 – 125
- A case report – Pericardial Synovial Sarcoma – Clinical Oncology 15, 186 – 188.
To know more about Dr S K Sinha, you can directly reach him at email@example.com or call at +91- 9810883336